Motorboatyourself.com Forums
October 18, 2018, 12:55:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MotorBoating T Shirts Now for sale

Home   Help Back to Motorboatyourself.com Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lazy L&L or dons fish camp?  (Read 1701 times)
allison

« on: July 03, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »

Me and a bunch of coworkers are planning to float this Friday and camp out at either lazy l and l or dons fish camp. Has anyone been to either area recently and floated? How is the water? This is my first time floating this year and my first time with my new cooler. We don't want to get stuck walking down the river!
the_chickeneye
Global Moderator

popo

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 04:44:07 AM »

I will probably be on the river but not taking a stereo this trip. I was on the river memorial day and it was not bad. Only a couple low spots.

allison

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 06:36:24 AM »

Ended up at Dons Fish Camp in San Marcos. The float was about 4 hrs without stopping and the water was perfect. We camped there too and it was pretty inexpensive. Id recommend it.
Ayebeehm aka Doug
It's pronounced 'Cool-ah'!
Global Moderator

Email
Re:
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 07:52:56 AM »

The last time I was on the San Marcos, I was mud butting the majority of the float.

Words of wisdom:
Measure Twice - Cut once!
Better to have more than you need, than not enough.
There is no such thing as a 'Cable Stretcher'!
Search the forums... If you're asking it now, someone else has asked it before you.
Knowledge is Power, but Knowledge isn't 12v.
cglongino

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 08:42:56 PM »

Texas State Tubes is by far the best float on the San Marcos. Water there is great, since its spring fed levels are much better than the guadalupe. After all this rain the last couple of weeks I bet it will be a great float. I am headed down there tomorrow for the 2nd time this year. We will be getting together down there on the 13th of August for a killer float party, anyone on here is more than welcome to join us!
Sendikas

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 11:27:58 PM »

I have read it, it's wonderful, and it's a must to follow.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: