Motorboatyourself.com Forums
November 14, 2018, 11:43:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MotorBoating T Shirts Now for sale

Home   Help Back to Motorboatyourself.com Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st day of build  (Read 26714 times)
BVYKA

Email
« on: September 14, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »

still don't have any my components waiting for delivery & to buy a battery. but at least I could start setting up. this is the backside of the cooler. the front will look the same. one question so for. you see the way I cut out the magnet so that the inside is not seen... Should I chalk around the area to seal it off or should I open it abit more so that the speakers use the inside of the cooler for its air space. gonna have 4 polk audio db691 being pushed by polk audio pa4000.4 & sony dsx-m60 HU. what would be the best way to wire them speakers in series or parallel with that amp. went mid grade with equipment so I want to wire it the best you pros think so I can sound the best possible. thank for all the help in here... LEARNING A LOT OF STUFF EVERYTIME I COME IN HERE & READ!!! ITZ GREAT!!!

was able to put a little more work into her... going to try and get to the housing compartment this week... waiting for the 12V 35Ah battery to come in...

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:33:49 AM by BVYKA » Logged

Mark04

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 06:55:51 PM »

With those speakers and that amp it is best to just wire it it one speaker per channel. No series or parallel to worry about.
Kewltoonz

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 08:22:08 AM »

Subscribing ....

Will he lose air space/low end/bass by not opening the back end to let the Woofer push air?
Mark04

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 09:56:59 AM »

Subscribing ....

Will he lose air space/low end/bass by not opening the back end to let the Woofer push air?
Yep
BVYKA

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 10:01:48 AM »

that how the 6X9s look they are not woofer. so should I still open them up a bit. what could I do to cover the exposed foam inside where the speakers come thru. thanks... a

shize

Yup!

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 08:14:19 AM »

Looking clean man!  I would go ahead and open them up for the sake of airspace. You're going to get air noise and maybe some vibration from air trying to move between your magnet and the plastic around it. You could seal the foam side with fiberglass if you have the motivation. Otherwise, go with epoxy. If you're really lazy, put a good coating of silicone around it. With my build, my 961's are in the dry side so I didn't worry about it. A bit of advise though, put the screws through it and tighten as you would with the speakers mounted before you lay your sealant because the foam compresses whenever you tighten down your speakers. Or you could skip that and get some large PVC end caps to put behind your magnets and seal it off which is a good idea if your speakers are going to be exposed to anything wet inside your cooler. The larger the end caps, the better the sound will be.

At first I had the same idea as you, I wanted just the magnet to show. I ended up doing it like this

Mark04

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 08:44:26 AM »

Yes, just open up the inside hole so that the woofer can use the airspace inside of the cooler. It isn't necessary to seal that exposed foam, but if you must - silicon is the easiest way to do that.
BVYKA

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 04:54:41 PM »

Did a bit more in the little time i had to get away... i added a 3IN1 BLUE LED DISPLAY!!! i done ordering her accessories (I HOPE) now i hope i can settle down and start putting her together and complete her!!!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 06:00:12 PM by BVYKA » Logged

Ayebeehm aka Doug
It's pronounced 'Cool-ah'!
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 07:55:36 AM »

Fixed it so that the pics showed up in the post. Smiley

Words of wisdom:
Measure Twice - Cut once!
Better to have more than you need, than not enough.
There is no such thing as a 'Cable Stretcher'!
Search the forums... If you're asking it now, someone else has asked it before you.
Knowledge is Power, but Knowledge isn't 12v.
BVYKA

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 11:13:05 AM »

SWEET!!!! COOL THANKS...

Ayebeehm aka Doug
It's pronounced 'Cool-ah'!
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 05:56:07 AM »

So I see the 3 modes of operation for the LED, but I'm curious what the first set of numbers is referring to?

Second and Third are obviously voltage and temperature.

Is that the amount of draw on the battery currently?

Words of wisdom:
Measure Twice - Cut once!
Better to have more than you need, than not enough.
There is no such thing as a 'Cable Stretcher'!
Search the forums... If you're asking it now, someone else has asked it before you.
Knowledge is Power, but Knowledge isn't 12v.
Itch

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 09:44:36 AM »

I believe it is the time?
BVYKA

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 12:40:56 PM »

Time is correct. I got ideas from everyone putting volts, temperature... So why not add time to the mix. Now I can see how many hours my 35ah battery will last... Hahaha... If I don't pass out before that...

BVYKA

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 10:01:31 PM »

I think it would look better with the radio in the middle... what are your thoughts, PROS?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:46:55 AM by the_chickeneye » Logged

the_chickeneye
Global Moderator

popo

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 08:50:01 AM »

Looking really nice.  Are you going for water proof/resistant??

I fixed your pictures for ya.

Me personally I would have put the antenna by the flag mount to kinda protect it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: