Motorboatyourself.com Forums
October 23, 2017, 04:27:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MotorBoating T Shirts Now for sale

Home   Help Back to Motorboatyourself.com Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st day of build  (Read 19998 times)
Uh72pilot

Email
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2014, 11:08:24 AM »

Yes brother. I will get some up. I promise. I wish you could just add through the tapatalk app, but I will have something by fri night.

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!
BVYKA

Email
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2015, 10:04:28 PM »

so here we go... adding the second battery to go from 35 ah to 70 ah only for those days that I want 12 plus hours of play. what do you guys think so far?

Ayebeehm aka Doug
It's pronounced 'Cool-ah'!
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2015, 03:50:00 AM »

I like that you've got it set up on a plug, so you can remove the whole works and use that side for beverage storage. Good job man Smiley

Words of wisdom:
Measure Twice - Cut once!
Better to have more than you need, than not enough.
There is no such thing as a 'Cable Stretcher'!
Search the forums... If you're asking it now, someone else has asked it before you.
Knowledge is Power, but Knowledge isn't 12v.
briandye

This hobby is too damn expensive!

Email
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2015, 05:04:39 AM »

Nice...looking good and clean man. What kind of plug is that? Im thinking of adding a separate powered subwoofer to my 150qt build, but I want it on some kind of quick disconnect plug. I thought about a trailer harness, but that would have to just be dangling out the back, I like how yours is mounted.

BVYKA

Email
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2015, 06:28:48 AM »

Nice...looking good and clean man. What kind of plug is that? Im thinking of adding a separate powered subwoofer to my 150qt build, but I want it on some kind of quick disconnect plug. I thought about a trailer harness, but that would have to just be dangling out the back, I like how yours is mounted.

Search  "trac trolling motor connector" in amazon. Itz used for a trolling motor. They have it in 8 and 10 gauge.

BDA2

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2015, 06:48:27 AM »

BVYKA, if weight isn't an option you may want to use (2) two 6V batteries in that build and/or your next build.  

I used two in my 2nd build, and although it's pretty heavy, the setup lasts forever. It offers 225AH and when I floated down Laughlin at River Regatta in 2013 it lasted all weekend on one charge. 

I used generic version of this:
http://www.batterystuff.com/batteries/golf-cart-products/6-volt-deep-cycle/t-105-6-volt-trojan-golf-cart-batteries.html
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:50:32 AM by BDA2 » Logged

BVYKA

Email
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2015, 10:48:10 AM »

BVYKA, if weight isn't an option you may want to use (2) two 6V batteries in that build and/or your next build.  

I used two in my 2nd build, and although it's pretty heavy, the setup lasts forever. It offers 225AH and when I floated down Laughlin at River Regatta in 2013 it lasted all weekend on one charge. 

I used generic version of this:
http://www.batterystuff.com/batteries/golf-cart-products/6-volt-deep-cycle/t-105-6-volt-trojan-golf-cart-batteries.html

you going to the Laughlin River Regatta this year? We are... 3 MORE WEEKS!!!

BDA2

« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2015, 11:58:08 AM »

I wish! I went for 3 years straight and last year was the first year I missed.  I moved to Boston from SoCal so it's not worth the flight plus expenses.  Perhaps next year I'll try to go again....man I miss it so much!! I miss staying at the edgewater (cheap) and blaring the cooler at the pool.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9E4274CD5F64B872!1466&authkey=!AAHJXOVCa_KCvs0&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Have fun this year!

BVYKA

Email
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2015, 02:15:22 PM »

so after about 2 years of tugging pushing pulling lifting the handle on Guadalupe has began to ripe thru the plastic. so to avoid having to remove all her parts and put them in a 110 glide i added another accessory to her. a nice S/S handle made and at the same time installed by some partners of mine that do sheet metal. it came out pretty badazz, better than what i had in mind. this will outlast the cooler for sure. all S/S with a plate on the inside of the cooler the size of the handle. if this thing rips out the whole cooler will be done... then i can move to my 110 glide!!! till then im a happy camper not building anything!!! HAHAHA!!!  

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:49:59 AM by BVYKA » Logged

BVYKA

Email
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2015, 08:31:26 PM »

a little quick video a friend sent me of her floating down the Colorado River this past August at the Laughlin River Regatta!!!

BVYKA

Email
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2017, 06:32:56 AM »

RIP #GUADALUPE!!! You were great for the years I had you. Last weekend we went to float the Colorado River in Laughlin, Nevada and got caught in some wind storms. Got pushed into the docks and a pontoon popped both our floats. The float my radiocooler was on went between the pontoon and got stuck. When we unstuck it I had to grab it from floating down the river. Taking it to dry land I let the water out and then saw my electronics smoke!!! Time for a rebuild!!!

Snoball

Email
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2017, 11:38:56 AM »

Damn. That sucks.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: