Motorboatyourself.com Forums
May 20, 2018, 02:04:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MotorBoating T Shirts Now for sale

Home   Help Back to Motorboatyourself.com Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can ban lifted at Comal River  (Read 1183 times)
JOEL6465

Email
« on: January 28, 2014, 06:47:49 AM »

Copied from thenew93q.com

Comal River Can Ban Lifted

Helen L. Montoya/SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS-NEWS

River goers float down the Comal River in New Braunfels, Texas.
By Connected K
Hallelujah!
This just breaking today that the "CAN BAN" that has been putting a dent in our Texas style summers on the Comal River has now been lifted!
Mysanantonio.com broke an article earlier today which includes a line from an email of the presiding Judge over the case. Citing the reason for the overturn of the unappealing law the Judge wrote; “After considering the competing motions for summary judgment, the various responses and the case law, the plaintiffs motion for summary judgment is granted.”
Basically, we can bring disposable food and beverage containers back on the river with us as we float the day away!
No specific details yet... but folks... If you're from around these parts, REJOICE WITH ME!
Catch ya on the Comal...
-K
- See more at: http://m.thenew93q.com/weblogs/connected-k/2014/jan/27/cab-ban-lifted/#sthash.qg0X0N9d.dpuf
Ayebeehm aka Doug
It's pronounced 'Cool-ah'!
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »

I made a post a year or so ago when they first announced the can ban predicting the impact it would have on the local businesses in the area.

I'm not an economics expert by any means, however I do possess quite a bit of common sense. I could see the writing on the wall then, and why it's taken this long for people with degrees and a solid education backing them to come to this conclusion is beyond me.

Words of wisdom:
Measure Twice - Cut once!
Better to have more than you need, than not enough.
There is no such thing as a 'Cable Stretcher'!
Search the forums... If you're asking it now, someone else has asked it before you.
Knowledge is Power, but Knowledge isn't 12v.
Jonesy
ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP !!
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 12:24:32 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin   although this never affected me anyways

PARTY ROCK !!!!!!
Supfreak26

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 06:57:48 PM »

Floated the Comal this last weekend.  I can verify that the can ban has been lifted.  It's a fun float with the tube chutes and all but way too family oriented for my taste.  And not a very pretty float either.  I'd take the guadalupe over the Comal any day.

My wife and I were looking to kill a few hours so that was a nice way to do it, though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: