Motorboatyourself.com Forums
December 10, 2018, 06:07:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MotorBoating T Shirts Now for sale

Home   Help Back to Motorboatyourself.com Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 2nd build... this is a gift so i went total budget build!!!  (Read 8333 times)
BVYKA

Email
« on: May 12, 2014, 02:28:04 PM »

1) 60 qt cube
2)  4 6.5 Pyle's with amp & 3.5mm plug
3) 12 volt 12ah SLA battery
4) 12 volt socket plug
5) white cutting board to make top where plug & on/off switch will go
6) blue LCD battery display
7) white/blue tub, biggest i can fit
8 ) 1.5 amp trickle charger
9) Noco plug
10) Bluetooth dongle (if they buy one!!!)

More Pictures to come!!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 12:11:50 PM by BVYKA » Logged

BVYKA

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 08:16:59 AM »

speakers are not screwed in yet. this was just dry fitting!!!

Crabernacle

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 09:37:56 AM »

Looking good. One question though, in the second picture what is the black thing you have mounted above the speakers?
BVYKA

Email
Re:
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 10:05:26 AM »

The gain for the amp.

BVYKA

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 10:04:13 PM »

She is complete!!! what you guys think?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:12:16 PM by BVYKA » Logged

FiremanJake

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 08:07:27 AM »

Looks good man!
BVYKA

Email
Re:
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 02:19:35 PM »

Thanks!!!

BVYKA

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 09:32:22 PM »

Added the FINAL TOUCH to my godsons radio cooler!!!             

ryanpmeighan

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 10:20:13 AM »

i like the tub you put in there, that is for drinks correct? do you have any problems with condensation? i am looking to build a budget build for a friend and want to do something very similar.
BVYKA

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 11:01:39 AM »

i like the tub you put in there, that is for drinks correct? do you have any problems with condensation? i am looking to build a budget build for a friend and want to do something very similar.

you know what i built it, tested it (electronics) & gave it away the next day. i have heard the my godson does put drinks in thr. just not sure if with ice and the whole nine yards or just as storage when they are cold already.

Ayebeehm aka Doug
It's pronounced 'Cool-ah'!
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 01:12:04 PM »

I sell rigs almost exactly like that one. I can tell you that condensation is an issue. It will build up on the outside of the can where the beverages are stored, and drip down into the interior of the cooler. It hasn't been a problem with any of my gear due to component placement being out of the way of the 'drip area'. If they need to get it out, they just pull the drain cap on it and pour it out, pull the can out and let it dry out overnight while it's charging, and it's typically dry the next day when they go to use it again.

I'm looking for solutions to stop that from happening, but have to go through a couple of trials before I tell you my findings.

Words of wisdom:
Measure Twice - Cut once!
Better to have more than you need, than not enough.
There is no such thing as a 'Cable Stretcher'!
Search the forums... If you're asking it now, someone else has asked it before you.
Knowledge is Power, but Knowledge isn't 12v.
BVYKA

Email
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 01:39:42 PM »

I sell rigs almost exactly like that one. I can tell you that condensation is an issue. It will build up on the outside of the can where the beverages are stored, and drip down into the interior of the cooler. It hasn't been a problem with any of my gear due to component placement being out of the way of the 'drip area'. If they need to get it out, they just pull the drain cap on it and pour it out, pull the can out and let it dry out overnight while it's charging, and it's typically dry the next day when they go to use it again.

I'm looking for solutions to stop that from happening, but have to go through a couple of trials before I tell you my findings.

doug did you see that reply i posted for you in the other forum about condensation?

John6996

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 05:13:38 AM »

there is an easy way around the sweating on this type of rig. you just need to be able to use spray foam, spray a thin layer on the inside of the plastic that will be exposed to colder temps. ie, the lid and the bucket
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:27:03 PM by John6996 » Logged
BVYKA

Email
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 09:11:00 AM »

when you sell them, what do you let them go for? the ones i've made i think i'm around $300 just in material. i have made 2 budget builds with minor changes. but still around $300 give or take a few...

Ayebeehm aka Doug
It's pronounced 'Cool-ah'!
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 10:30:36 AM »

I sell that model for $325. The "Base Model" builds don't net much profit. It's the mid grade and top end that get you some change. I enjoy building them enough that getting money to cover the extra connectors, parts, etc and a 12 pack of Ciders is good enough for me Tongue

Words of wisdom:
Measure Twice - Cut once!
Better to have more than you need, than not enough.
There is no such thing as a 'Cable Stretcher'!
Search the forums... If you're asking it now, someone else has asked it before you.
Knowledge is Power, but Knowledge isn't 12v.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: