Motorboatyourself.com Forums
September 21, 2018, 12:23:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MotorBoating T Shirts Now for sale

Home   Help Back to Motorboatyourself.com Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New float for our group, need opinions, concerns, experience, etc  (Read 1333 times)
JDW1479

Email
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:52:14 PM »

This year my group will be floating a part of the river that we have never before floated.  We will set in right next to Billy Goats Gruff and float all the way down to Riverbank Outfitters.  It's a 2 mile float which should take 6-7 hours.  At the beginning of the float, we go through the Guadalupe River Chute.  Does anyone have any experience going through the Chute?  Any big rapids I need to prepare for within the Chute?  Other than the Chute, I'm not seeing any rapids the rest of the way (looking on google earth), does anyone know of any?  Last question, are there any surprises I need to be aware of on the float?
Mark04

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 07:14:57 AM »

Nothing past the chutes except a slow float.
JDW1479

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 07:03:13 AM »

Does the chute have the capability to flip a wagon boombox?  Or are the rocks causing the rapids in the chute to small?
Mark04

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 12:49:58 PM »

The rapids in the chute can cause a larger build to flip. But with the flow as low as it has been - it is unlikely. When the flow is over 100  - I wouldn't chance it.
txcobra96

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 05:58:41 PM »

I floated the lower Guad by Gruene Outpost lodge back in July. The Rapids were a little fucking crazy. Kind of freaked me out.. But, the Bot took them like a Champ.

I would not tie your Rig to anybody else. So that you can maneuver it and control it. They can tie up to each other.  Cool

-tony
Strippers and Cocaine!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: