Motorboatyourself.com Forums
September 22, 2018, 06:05:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MotorBoating T Shirts Now for sale

Home   Help Back to Motorboatyourself.com Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rocky Beach to Billy Goats Gruff (Guadalupe)  (Read 726 times)
Supfreak26

Email
« on: June 23, 2014, 07:06:14 PM »

Floated a new section of the Guadalupe this past weekend.  Went with a group from Gilligan's Island.  We dropped in at Rocky Beach and floated to Billy Goats Gruff.  Very nice, relaxing, and beautiful float.  Most of it is pretty deep but flows well.  We had to get up and walk 2 times but it wasn't for long.  Not bad for as low as the river is right now.  I would definitely recommend it.   It was about a 5 hour float.

Lots of people but not overcrowded.  We happened to get caught up in a huge group from the swingers convention staying at Mountain Breeze last weekend so we got to see a lot of boobs.  Most of which I would've rather not seen.   Shocked

Got rained on mid-float which was a first for us.  Interesting experience. 

Threw my old stereo cooler together in a few hours to hit this trip and it performed well.  Found out that I need a new battery for my new build because this one died almost immediately after this float was over. 

Overall, I give it a big thumbs up and I think we are going to try to float this again next month.  If anyone is heading to the guadalupe on the weekend of July 24-27, let me know.  We'll keep an eye out for ya!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: