Motorboatyourself.com Forums
September 22, 2018, 06:07:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MotorBoating T Shirts Now for sale

Home   Help Back to Motorboatyourself.com Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: never tubed but i want to  (Read 944 times)
rrryyyaaannnn

Email
« on: April 10, 2015, 10:35:02 PM »

I have never gone tubing, but want to try it out this summer. are there any good Midwest spots, ideally near Chicago, or just in general what are the best rivers in the US? and what do I need to know? I was going to buy 2 of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Explorer-200-Boat-Set/dp/B000051ZHS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1428733698&sr=8-2&keywords=water+raft

1 for myself and 1 for my cooler. any advice would be great
K.wise1

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 11:25:47 AM »

I'm from Texas and we have great floats down here in the hill country! San Marcos river, Guadeloupe, and Frio rivers are the best IMO, not sure what's up by you though.... But if ya float in that... You still would have never "tubed" 😁

BUILD AND THEY WILL COME
nizon - 'Paul'

More volume please

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:07:06 PM »

I hear Apple River in Minnesota is pretty good, haven't been yet myself though. Looks to be about 400mi from Chicago.

I'll be hitting up Red Lake Falls, MN this year though. It's a pretty good place.

Or if you feel like coming up to Manitoba there's some great spots. Since tubing isn't that popular up here there's rarely any rules.

Swaghook

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 06:52:59 PM »

I hear Apple River in Minnesota is pretty good, haven't been yet myself though. Looks to be about 400mi from Chicago.

I'll be hitting up Red Lake Falls, MN this year though. It's a pretty good place.

Or if you feel like coming up to Manitoba there's some great spots. Since tubing isn't that popular up here there's rarely any rules.

Apple river is spendy but the float is longer then Voyageurs View in Red Lake Falls(at least Float-Rite's).  We float the Ottertail River near Detroit Lakes, MN and up at Red Lake Falls regularly. There are a couple other rivers in eastern MN that have tubing as well but we have not had the chance to tube them yet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: