Motorboatyourself.com Forums
October 23, 2017, 04:35:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MotorBoating T Shirts Now for sale

Home   Help Back to Motorboatyourself.com Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: K2 cooler  (Read 1248 times)
artic-z28

Email
« on: July 13, 2016, 12:26:12 PM »

I'm pumped to try it out next week on the float. Anyone else use a yeti, RTIC , or any higher end cooler?
Snoball

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 06:44:47 AM »

I use Pelicans. Which is pretty much the same as all the other coolers. If you use Sonic ice, it will last longer. This helps the ice become more "compact" to prevent air getting "around" each cube of ice. AIR IS THE ENEMY TO ICE.

Also another trick is to bring your cooler inside the house a few days before you leave. This way it has time for the insulation to cool down. An additional trick would be to throw some ice in it the night before you leave. Not much, just enough to further cool it down.

That when you actually pack it and load it up, your initial investment of ice does melt so fast.
artic-z28

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 07:04:51 AM »

I use Pelicans. Which is pretty much the same as all the other coolers. If you use Sonic ice, it will last longer. This helps the ice become more "compact" to prevent air getting "around" each cube of ice. AIR IS THE ENEMY TO ICE.

Also another trick is to bring your cooler inside the house a few days before you leave. This way it has time for the insulation to cool down. An additional trick would be to throw some ice in it the night before you leave. Not much, just enough to further cool it down.

That when you actually pack it and load it up, your initial investment of ice does melt so fast.

thanks for the tip, got a good deal on a 60qt k2 it weight 31 pounds by itself lol, should fit plenty off beers and save on having too many coolers
artic-z28

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 07:05:30 AM »

i just found out that you can goto sonic and buy ice, where have i been lol

Anyways how much does it cost per bag?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:08:24 AM by artic-z28 » Logged
Snoball

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 03:31:57 AM »

i just found out that you can goto sonic and buy ice, where have i been lol

Anyways how much does it cost per bag?

Its like $2 for 10lbs bag.
Regardless if you can buy ice cheaper its well worth it cus it's the tiny ice cubes and they last longer.
K YoH
Global Moderator

"Radio Cooler Splasher"

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 09:38:06 AM »

I wouldn't think tiny ices cubes would last longer than a solid plastic bin frozen into 1 big cube.
this is usually what we do.

then throw little ice on top.

hell, Hyvee now sells dry ice. Just don't put that in a Yeti or Boom - Kapow!

I NEED YOUR HELP! PLEASE HELP ME RECREATE THIS LIGHT!
http://www.motorboatyourself.com/forum/index.php?topic=2249.0

Geek Till It Mhz!
Floating River Cooler Radio
Snoball

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 04:37:36 AM »

Just don't put that in a Yeti or Boom - Kapow!

This is false. Yeti's are rated to be used with dry ice. We use Yeti's with dry ice all the time in the shipping industry. sometimes we have to send medical supplies or chemicals to other countries on emergency situations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: