Motorboatyourself.com Forums
September 22, 2018, 06:06:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MotorBoating T Shirts Now for sale

Home   Help Back to Motorboatyourself.com Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas State Tubes  (Read 1985 times)
taglee07

Email
« on: April 14, 2012, 08:36:19 AM »

Good buddy of mine just set up shop next to Don's in San Marcos this Spring and I'm trying to help him get the word out that they're there.  He's trying to be a little easier to work with and make it easier to get on the river than Don's was.

Go check them out and tell Rich that Terry sent you

http://texasstatetubes.com/
Jonesy
ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP !!
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 08:27:48 AM »

they're higher in price than what i pay to float

PARTY ROCK !!!!!!
taglee07

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 05:41:10 PM »

In San Marcos?  I'm not too familiar with floating down there...moved to Austin a year ago and have only been to the Guadalupe.

I think they're going to try and run some groupons, etc, to try and get folks out there.  Any tips?
txcobra96

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 05:48:16 PM »

Im moving to Austin in a few months. I'll look him up  Cool

-tony
Strippers and Cocaine!!
Txtubing2012

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »

I also recommend TST. They are just starting out, but they seem more organized and faster getting you to the river than don's. Another option they have is a "pay to park" lot upriver from their main location where the wait time is even less. Once you are done floating they will shuttle you back to your car. They also have a grill at their main location.
Txtubing2012

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 03:31:47 PM »

Floated TXT again last weekend and had a blast!

They are much less crowded and more organized than the outfitter next door. We got there right before noon and anyone who arrives before noon gets half off on all tubes (any day of the week). Ended up costing about $20 for 3 tubes (1 for cooler) and included shuttle upriver.

For those who haven't floated the San Marcos, it's very similar in flow and color to the Comal but with the scenery of certain parts of the Guadalupe.  No can laws or any cooler restrictions either.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:29:48 PM by Txtubing2012 » Logged
cglongino

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 08:05:37 PM »

TST is by far the best float on the San Marcos period. I have been going there since they opened last year and it has been nothing but good experiences. My only complaint is last summer they let firefighters, paramedics, and police float for free and they have not been doing that this summer. Oh well still worth the money! They have also just opened up another leg for tubing that is 8 hours long and its only $5 more. Super friendly staff and 9/10 no wait in line to get on the water. There "pay to park" lot is no more, you just pull in rent your tubes and they shuttle you back to your car without having to pay any extra. We have a large group heading that way on the 13th of August if anyone on here would like to join in the festivities.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: